Friday, May 9, 2014

Notes on the Mega release

Well, the big release is done, and I managed to screw it up a little.

Sent out all the group notices with a link to the marketplace.. http://bit.ly/1izsVVT .. and I hadn't published the marketplace listings for the new items yet. I scrambled to hit "list" as fast as I could once I realized the issue, but it took 5 minutes for the newly listed items to be visible to search. 5 long, agonizing minutes.

All in all tho, everything was relatively smooth. The items had already been preloaded into the vendor networks, so there was no need to push publish there. The marketplace listings were all pre-made (after 2 days of work to get them done!).. the affiliate pack too had been put together last night, so it was a small matter to simply replace the packs in the givers and in the updater. Even the in-store vendors had been pre-built so all I needed to do was put them in place and turn them on.

Still, the release took a couple of hours to complete, and while the 5 minute Marketplace delay was.. unfortunately timed to coincide with all the group notices... it is done now. At one point, this was considered to be over a year's worth of releasable products, then revised down to 10 weeks, then 5.. It has now all been released in one single release. Just to get it over with.

What now? What's left? a handful of not-quite-finished projects, and a few awkward ideas I'm not sure how to go about implementing. Nothing that says loudly and clearly 'I should work on THIS'.. which is an issue.

The lock scripting, and this big release have left me emotionally drained... and impetus is hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment