Monday, August 26, 2013

The ER Affiliate Network and the Migration to Caspervend

Today, I sent out a letter to the ER affiliate resellers.
I am keenly aware that the new HippoVend Elite affiliate vendors are not operating at the level we'd all like them to. To quote a popular internet meme, "The number of delivery failures is too damn high!" I know it, and you know it too.

I've spend the last month in discussions with the HippoVend people concerning the delivery failures we've been seeing, and they seem to be no closer to a solution than the first day I contacted them about it.

I'm going to be migrating the ER Affiliate Network over to the CasperVend system. I've heard a lot of good things about their vendor system, and they do seem to have an active support channel.

Sadly, this is not going to be a small task, and I won't lie to you, it's going to take me a while to get all of the ER products migrated over to the new system, get the new vendors assembled, named, set, and packaged, and to get them all boxed up and sent back out to you.

I'm beginning work on the project today, and I'll be posting updates on how the projects is going, on my blog

My hope is that I'll be done with the project within a week, but it may take longer than that. When they're done, I'll send the replacement package out through the same system that delivered this notecard to you, and of course you can use the "update checker" device that was included in the most recent affiliate pack.

For now, please leave the vendors online if you can. If customers encounter a delivery failure, simply send me a notecard, IM, or email with the customer's name, the time of their purchase, and the item they were trying to purchase, and I'll manually deliver it as soon as I get the info.

Like I said in the letter, it's going to be a rather large undertaking. It'll be a while before I have a working set of vendors to offer the affiliates, too. Adding insult to injury, it was just a couple of months ago that I redid all the affiliate vendors for the HippoVend Elite system. But the delivery failures are running way too high, and something needs to be done ASAP.

I'll check back in with more, when I have some progress to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment